Re: [SI-LIST] : VeriBest / Mentor Tools

From: Doug Brooks (
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 11:18:25 PDT

We have used the tools and will offer these comments.

1. They are quite good in providing the right information that you want and
2. The integration between the Signal Vision tools and the layout tools is
simply outstanding.
3. You can do hypothetical analyses with the transmission line tool but not
the cross talk tool. You need an actual board design in Expedition to use
the cross talk tool.
4. Since the tools require IBIS models, there must be IBIS models for every
part. We found this to be a lot of work, since we didn't enter IBIS models
for the layout side and since we used a LOT of parts.

Hope this helps

Doug Brooks

>does anyone of you have experience with the SI-Tools from VeriBest (now Mentor
>Graphics Discovery Series) ?

See our updated message re in-house seminars on our web page
Doug Brooks, President
UltraCAD Design, Inc.