Re: [SI-LIST] : Differential TDR "Measurements"

From: Vinu Arumugham ([email protected])
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 12:14:59 PDT

Bob,

The inner conductor and outer conductor have a 50 ohm impedance w.r.t
each other. Since these are the only two points of contact to the device
under test, how does the common mode impedance of the outer conductor
affect the measurements?

Are you saying that this measurement will be possible if the coax
between the sampling head and the probe were replaced with a twisted
pair (for this discussion, let's assume a perfect one)?

Thanks,
Vinu