RE: [SI-LIST] : Regarding Slots ...

From: Jeff Walden ([email protected])
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 07:59:58 PDT

> H. Liaw and H. Merkelo,
> "Crossing the Planes at High Speed",
> IEEE Circuits & Devices Magazine,
> vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 22-26, November 1997
>
> I can really recommend this article. It is concise and
> very well written. It helped me a lot to understand
> what's going on.
>
> By the way, in this article it seems to me that the FDTD
> method was used to clarify the mode conversion process.

Actually, it was Transmission Line Method. More importantly I saw "a" novel
solution to the problem (highlighted in the above article) devised by Dan
Swanson. I suspect that he did not realize the relevance to this particular
article, I don't think that he was aware of it, as the project was customer
dirven. The problem was about a single via through a few power/ground
planes ... Dan, this is your thunder.

regards,
Jeff