RE: [SI-LIST] : App note assumptions

From: Chris Cheng ([email protected])
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 13:29:17 PDT

not trying to be controversial but over the years, i
have tried so many tricks on caps combination but in the
end i still found using the lowest possible esl
capacitor with the largest possible capacitance seems
to provide the best noise suppression vs. any combo
type of mixes. i still need to throw in a few "high
speed caps" to keep the emi people happy but they
don't seem to matter at all. you can remove or replace
them with the large caps and the system noise remains
the same.
chris