[SI-LIST] : App note assumptions

From: Mark Geddes ([email protected])
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 12:31:34 PDT

Has anyone else noticed in this "app note" (see below) that Cypress has a
very good
scientific explanation about why using several values of decoupling
capacitors can cause problems, and then they go on to recommend a bunch of
general routing rules that they haven't substantiated?

This is how false information is spread.

1+1=2, because if I have one cow in a field, & then put another cow in that
field, I will have two cows in the field. Therefore use one cap per power
pin, 1+1=2, place caps close to the IC & on the same side, and keep leads
below 6mm. Can anyone pick out the assumptions I made after giving an
example why 1+1=2?

Thanks Lee Ritchey, for making me skeptical of app notes!

Mark Geddes