Re: [SI-LIST] : ESD evenyt counter

From: Douglas C. Smith ([email protected])
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 23:14:30 PDT

Hi Jan,

Try going to www.credencetech.com . They have some small,
relatively inexpensive event counters with an amazing array
of features in a small package.

Doug

Jan Vercammen wrote:

> hello,
>
> I am looking for an ESD event counter, that is, a receiving device for detecting
> ESD clicks. Most of the devices I know are broadband receivers for which one can
> setup a limit line, above this limit an alarm is generated. The problem is that most
> of these detectors are expensive (+4000 dollar), whereas we are looking for a simple
> device for detecting ESD events in a film production line. The ESD events should be
> monitored because of film damage and maybe, just maybe, for explosion hazards. Although
> a simple AM receiver works just fine, we need something for which we can set a limit
> level, besides the radio is difficult to listen to in the production area and
> it would need continuous attention.
>
> I was wondering if someone can hint at a company that makes simple and affordable
> ESD event counters for which one can set a limit and sound an alarm (bell or ligth).
> Maybe someone has allready made some simple radio device and is willing to share this.
>
> regards,
>
> Jan Vercammen
> Agfa-Gevaert NV
> MI/Div/R&D EMC Engineering

    ___          _           Doug Smith
     \          / )          P.O. Box 1457
      =========              Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457
   _ / \     / \ _           TEL/FAX: 408-356-4186/358-3799
 /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \         Mobile:  408-858-4528
 \ _ /    ]    \ _ /         Website: http://www.dsmith.org