[SI-LIST] : ESD evenyt counter

From: Jan Vercammen ([email protected])
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 05:55:46 PDT

hello,

I am looking for an ESD event counter, that is, a receiving device for detecting
ESD clicks. Most of the devices I know are broadband receivers for which one can
setup a limit line, above this limit an alarm is generated. The problem is that most
of these detectors are expensive (+4000 dollar), whereas we are looking for a simple
device for detecting ESD events in a film production line. The ESD events should be
monitored because of film damage and maybe, just maybe, for explosion hazards. Although
a simple AM receiver works just fine, we need something for which we can set a limit
level, besides the radio is difficult to listen to in the production area and
it would need continuous attention.

I was wondering if someone can hint at a company that makes simple and affordable
ESD event counters for which one can set a limit and sound an alarm (bell or ligth).
Maybe someone has allready made some simple radio device and is willing to share this.

regards,

Jan Vercammen
Agfa-Gevaert NV
MI/Div/R&D EMC Engineering