[SI-LIST] : ViPEC (Touchstone QPL clone)

From: Ray Anderson ([email protected])
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 10:13:27 PDT

-

After installing Linux on my PC at home I was looking around the
net for interesting applications and found one that some
si-list subscribers might be interested in.

There is a program called ViPEC which is an RF analysis program
that uses syntax almost identical to the Essof Touchstone program.
It has been developed under QPL open source licensing and is available at
http://www.netfold.com/~vipec .

There is a limited but useful set of models incorporated at this time
in version 2.00 and apparently work is going on to enhance the
capabilities and add more and expanded models.

They have pre-compiled binaries for various Unix and Linux platforms
as well as source code in C++ if you want to get into the code.
I believe there is also a Windoze version, (free except for commercial
use due to some licensing issues with the Qt graphics libraries).

I've been playing around with the Solaris version and it seems to
do what I would expect it to. (and the price is right).

-Ray