Re: [SI-LIST] : a good SI/Layout book

Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 13:27:46 PDT

Sinh Chung,
The following books have information on designing printed circuit boards, from a
 signal-integrity viewpoint:

Barnes, John R., Electronics System Design: Interference and Noise Control
Techniques. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1987. (out of print)

Buchanan, James E., BiCMOS/CMOS Systems Design. New York: McGraw-Hill, Inc.,

Buchanan, James E., CMOS/TTL Digital Systems Design. New York: McGraw-Hill,
Inc., 1990.

Buchanan, James E., Signal and Power Integrity in Digital Systems: TTL, CMOS,
and BiCMOS. New York: McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1996.

Goedbloed, Jasper, Electromagnetic Compatibility. New York: Prentice-Hall,
Inc., 1990.

Johnson, Howard and Graham, Martin, High-Speed Digital Design. Upper Saddle
River, NJ: Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1993.

Keenan, R. Kenneth, Decoupling and Layout of Digital Printed Circuits. Pinellas
Park, FL: TKC, 1985. (somewhat out of date now)

Keenan, R. Kenneth, Digital Design for Interference Specifications. Pinellas
Park, FL: TKC, 1983.

Mardiguian, Michel, Interference Control in Computers and Microprocessor-Based
Equipment. Gainesville, VA: Don White Consultants, 1984.

Montrose, Mark I., EMC and the Printed Circuit Board. New York: IEEE Press,

Montrose, Mark I., Printed Circuit Board Design Techniques for EMC Compliance.
New York: IEEE Press, 1996.

Ott, Henry W., Noise Reduction Techniques in Electronic Systems. New York:
John Wiley & Sons, 1976.

Smith, Douglas C., High Frequency Measurements and Noise in Electronic Circuits.
New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1993. (doesn't get into printed circuit board
design, as such,
but is a gold mine of data on how to measure high-frequency signals and noise on
I bought my copy from Powell's Bookstore,

                                         John Barnes Advisory Engineer
                                         Lexmark International