RE: [SI-LIST] : PWR/GND grid effect on EMI

From: Brent DeWitt ([email protected])
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 20:24:00 PDT

Ilya,

First, I'm not an SI guru, but I have been primarily involved with EMC for
25 years. Take my opinion with a large block of salt! My first impression
is that this is the last thing in the world you want to do (no offense
meant). You seem to be applying signal crosstalk methods to the power
distribution. If we assume that you cannot keep current off of the routed
PWR traces, then you would want to give them the best coupling back to
reference that you can. I'm sure lot's of more qualified folks will chirp
in, but my thought is that you want _maximum_ coupling between your power
and ground planes, not minimum.

Best regards,

Brent DeWitt
Datex-Ohmeda