RE: [SI-LIST] : Coax connection to a CPW guide

From: Ray Waugh (
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 15:29:53 PST

I am not certain what Guido is trying to do here, but I can offer two

1. Use a conventional SMA connector on a microstrip, and then make a
transition from microstrip to CPW on the board, as shown in Figure 9 of
AN1167 (attached). Mount your CPW package on the board's CPW line.

2. Take Walt's advice and use the EFJohnson edge mount connector. With
ground fingers on both the top and bottom surfaces of the board, it
makes a good CPW launcher. However, since it mounts to the edge of the
I don't know how you'd integrate that into a housing.

      Raymond W. Waugh - WSD Applications

          USPS: Agilent Technologies
              Wireless Semiconductor Division
              39201 Cherry Street, MS NK20