RE: [SI-LIST] : Coax connection to a CPW guide

From: Ray Waugh ([email protected])
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 15:29:53 PST

I am not certain what Guido is trying to do here, but I can offer two
suggestions:

1. Use a conventional SMA connector on a microstrip, and then make a
transition from microstrip to CPW on the board, as shown in Figure 9 of
AN1167 (attached). Mount your CPW package on the board's CPW line.

2. Take Walt's advice and use the EFJohnson edge mount connector. With
ground fingers on both the top and bottom surfaces of the board, it
makes a good CPW launcher. However, since it mounts to the edge of the
board,
I don't know how you'd integrate that into a housing.

Ray
      Raymond W. Waugh - WSD Applications
      E-mail: [email protected]

          USPS: Agilent Technologies