[SI-LIST] : RE: [SI-LIST] : RE: [SI-LIST] : 回复: [SI-LIST] : Parallel Plate Capacitance for Bypass

From: Dave Hoover ([email protected])
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 08:10:02 PST

Those numbers are good. That would be for dielectric breakdown
voltage in the "Z" axis. The electrical strength is around
1300 Volts/mil. Two things to mention here: Surface layers
exposed or covered by soldermask are totally different on
this stuff. The IPC is very conservative with their design
charts on this. The other thing is plane to plane-for dielectrics
below .004" the standard hipot test at 1000 volts may damage
(pierce) the material(s). For example, .002" dielectrics can
pass 500 VDC hipot tests but may not survive 1000 VDC.

Groovy (aka, Dave Hoover)