Re: [SI-LIST] : Number of GND/Power pins in a connector ?

From: Adrian Shiner ([email protected])
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 11:25:54 PST

Jim,

This is where the use of hazard and risk assessment should come into
play...the power (VA) applied to a component and it's ability to disipate
the power determines whether the component remains relatively cool to the
touch or blows up in your face. Hence the problems of drilling through a
power cable...liquid copper flies everywhere.

 The variation in current resultant from 60 volts peak or 77.77 volts peak
(55 volts AC to ground) applied to a human body depends more on the
individual and its environment than the difference in voltage. For a
practical example of that at higher voltages, I am sure there is documented
witness evidence of elctric chair executions in the USA to review.... In the
UK we have have nothing to offer in that particular field.

Best wishes

Adrian