Re: [SI-LIST] : Parallel Plate Capacitance for Bypass

From: Gerald Johnson ([email protected])
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 11:01:33 PST

Ron,

Capacitance of planes is NOT a function of inverse square of distance.
See thread in this list about a week ago. Well covered there.

Valid to use inverse square distance for point source, not for planes.

Result, capacitance would be about (5/2.2)*200 = 454.6 pF if the
100 pF per in^2 at 5 mils is correct.

Jerry Johnson
Teradyne Inc.