Re: [SI-LIST] : Analog ground connection on PCBoards

From: Dave Graves ([email protected])
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 10:22:26 PST

Hi Yahuda,

>From a board layout perspective a there are couple of points in addition to
below;

--DO keep the supplies completely separate but the caution here is to
not
overlap your analog/digital planes,,, have your analog pwr mirror the
gnd
island otherwise risking coupling between dig/analog by way of the
planes.

--assure there is no trace routing traversing the plane splits. Contain
the traces within thier respective supply/gnd planes. If signals must
enter one plane area to the other do this at the point where the the
planes
themselves are joined.

-dave

Dave Graves