Re: [SI-LIST] : Parallel Plate Capacitance for Bypass

From: S. Weir ([email protected])
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 18:48:55 PST

The series capacitor equation applies if you measure the capacitance of the
two outer plates, d_eff = 2d

-------G
   ---V
-------G

Since these are at the same potential, ( DC anyway ), that equation isn't
of much practical value for this situation. Charge stores on the inner
side of each plate, so C_total = 2C.

Regards,

Steve.