Re: [SI-LIST] : Parallel Plate Capacitance for Bypass

From: Ray Anderson ([email protected])
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 15:13:56 PST

The capacitance doubles because you have the capacitance
of the power plane to the top ground in parallel to the
capacitance of the power plane to the bottom ground.

Ctotal = Cpg1 + Cpg2

                       === Cpg1

                       === Cpg2

Of course all this assumes that ground 1 and ground 2 are
solidly stiched together with lots of low Z vias.

-Ray