Re: [SI-LIST] : Parallel Plate Capacitance for Bypass

From: Ron Miller ([email protected])
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 14:30:22 PST

> Chris

Go to the AVX webpage and the American Technical Ceramics web
pages. They have S-parameters which show that the smaller profile
ceramics are good to above 1 Ghz.

Small profile usually means smaller capacitance so you may need
a small one of .01 uf and a larger one of about .47 uf.

For frequencys 3 Ghz and up use a capacitive layer in your
board. Recently I heard that with 5 mil FR4 dielectric you get about
100pf per square inch. So, using a 2 mil layer would give about 7.5 X
this value(per square inch).

Ron Miller

--
Ronald B. Miller  _\\|//_  Signal Integrity Engineer
(408)487-8017    (' 0-0 ') fax(408)487-8017