Re: [SI-LIST] : how to combine multi components together with Orcad layout

From: Jon Keeble ([email protected])
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 20:22:49 PST

Orcad supports a concept of autoplace on a grid.

You could
(1) auto place the ICs on a grid
(2) auto place the bypass caps on another grid of the same dimensions
somewhere else
(3) block move one set of parts over the other set of parts

Orcad also supports the concept of component group.

If you identify the IC and its bypasses as belonging to a group, then all
the parts in the group can be made to
move together.

By the way: there has been some discussion of bypassing recently. You may
want to review the idea of having
a lot of identically valued bypass caps, and you may not need two per chip.

The latest Orcad revision is 9.1, and it fixes a lot of problems in 9.0.