Re: [SI-LIST] : meaning and value of C_comp

From: D. C. Sessions ([email protected])
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 09:57:41 PST

Mike LaBonte wrote:

> D.C., isn't Greg describing a reason why C_comp measured at 1MHz
> can be larger than the effective C_Comp seen at "real" speeds?

Depends. The errects (or contributors, if you will) he describes
are real (or complex ;-) ) and some of them only kick in at really
high frequencies. Others become negligible at 'frequencies of interest.'

My point is that a fairly simple C_comp model works Well Enough For
Government Work if it matches the effective response for steps on
the order of 300 ps edge time.

D. C. Sessions