Re: [SI-LIST] : how to combine multi components together with Orcad layout

From: [email protected]
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 09:27:25 PST

Hi Yu,

This is a real problem. I don't use Orcad, but with Cadence I have a
cool script which relates the ref des to a dummy placement. All I do is
copy the "master" cell around the board, run the script and it
associates the dummy placement to "true" designations. I just got done
placing ~2000 parts on a board which used the same array pattern 64
times. Without the script I would have spent 2-4 days doing the
placement. Hopefully someone can supply you with a script for Orcad.

Good luck.

Mitch