RE: [SI-LIST] : Lossy line model

From: Clewell, Craig W ([email protected])
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 05:46:26 PST

Alex....

Actually neither.

You might want to approach your problem from another angle...Try setting up
your geometry in a field solver first, and then export a T-Line model of
your stack. The output from your field solver can then be imported into
your ICAP/4 as a subcircuit.

If you don't have access to a field solver then you have 2 other choices.

1. Follow this link http://24.218.253.81/cgi-bin/FieldExtractor/ci.pl which
will allow you to simulate your stack on the www.

2. Get out you Wadell, Johnson, etc.. and hand crank the parameters you
need, and then use them to create your T-Line model in ICAP/4.

If you already have done the math and only want an opinion on which line to
use in ICAP then use the RLGC (shortcut 4o). This will allow you to account
for other losses in the line that the RC model does not include (its also
faster).

...just one approach....there are others...always glad to assist.

~Craig~