[SI-LIST] : Lossy line model

From: Alex March ([email protected])
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 11:04:59 PST

Hello,

  I am quite new to the SI field, and would like to
ask for your advice about the following topic:
I have to simulate differential transmission lines
(stripline) in a multilayer PCB, driven by a
differential transceiver with a rise time of 200ps.
  I am using the ICAPS4 software, which has two types
of models for lossy lines: the distributed URC/URD
model and the O element which uses the two-port LTRA
model.
  The question is which one of these two models are
better suited for this case? And how can I compute the
required parameters for making the model for my case
(stripline in FR4 dielectric).

Many thanks,

Alex