Re: [SI-LIST] : A basic question

From: Brian Young ([email protected])
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 06:19:27 PST

The total loop inductance is

L=Ls+Lg-Msg

where
Ls is the partial self inductance of the signal
Lg is the partial self inductance of the ground
Msg is the partial mutual inductance between signal and ground

Moving the signal and plane closer together leaves Ls and Lg the
same but Msg increases, so L decreases.

Brian

"Peterson, James F (FL51)" wrote:

> Can we change C without changing the dielectric constant? Let's say we
> change the thickness between conductor and ground plane. We haven't changed
> L (I don't think) and we haven't changed the dielectric material, but we
> have changed C. So, did Pd change? If it did, then how did we do it without
> changing the dielectric constant?

* Brian Young                           phone: (512) 996-6099 *
* Somerset Design Center                  fax: (512) 996-7434 *
* Motorola, Austin, TX               [email protected] *