[SI-LIST] : CDM and HDM models of

From: Jan Vercammen ([email protected])
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 00:52:34 PST

hello,

I have a question that concerns electrostatic discharge (ESD). I am asked to give ESD
specs for a thermal printhead. The printhead is an assembly of a ceramic carrier and
a large number of silicon chips. We have asked for a data interface based on CMOS LVDS
(low voltage differential switching).

I have no idea of the CMOS process, do I think it is not that advanced. Let us assume
between 1.25 and 0.5micron.

(1) Which figures should I specify for CDM (1R-200pf) and HBM (1.5kR-100pf)?

(2) I have found figures of 1500V for HBM and 500V for CDM. Are these numbers acceptable,
too high or too low?

Thank you for your input.

Regards,

Jan Vercammen
EMC/PCB Engineering Agfa-Gevaert NV Belgium