RE: [SI-LIST] : SSC

From: Zhang, Michael T ([email protected])
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 13:35:28 PST

The reason SSC is not used on USB is because the 48MHz is used for frame
synchronization. It is specifically required not to modulate the 48MHz clock
and the reference clock in Intel's clock generator specs.

I am not sure about the specific Cypress part you are referring to. It may
very well have fixed USB output when other output clocks are modulated, just
like most other SSC generators do.

-Michael T. Zhang
Processor Product Development
Performance Microprocessor Division, Intel Corp.
(503) 264-2301