RE: [SI-LIST] : LVDS driving PCML

From: Greim, Michael ([email protected])
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 05:21:27 PST

You raise an interesting issue. When is DC
balancing required in a circuit? I was talking
with some folks last week regarding a serdes
that provides an interface between 4 622 LVDS
pairs and 2.5G copper interface. The case was
being made that this was just a straight con-
version without encoding, and that this wasn't
required. I imagine that this has alot to do with
the medium and distance. Are there any rules
or experiences that folks have had with these
requirements.

MG