Re: [SI-LIST] : Your experience with equivalent circuit modeling tools ...

From: Ray Anderson ([email protected])
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 14:14:19 PST

I haven't used the facility a great deal, but the Agilent ADS
program (HP MDS) with the Picosecond Modeling Option has the ability
to create equivalent circuit spice models from S-Parameter data
(either measured or synthesized). It allows you to select a number
of topologys.

Also, Apsimtech's SPAR program takes in s-parameters and creates
a Pade' type ratio of polynomials spice black-box model. all the
usual cavets applied to this type of model apply here. I've used
these a few times with acceptible results.

Ansoft Maxwell has the ability to build spice models from 2D and
3D simulations. Can't comment on this too much as I haven't used that
feature in quite a while.

There may be others out there, but at the moment these are the only
three that come to mind.

-Ray