[SI-LIST] : Posting from multiple account addresses

From: Ray Anderson ([email protected])
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 10:27:31 PST

.

As those who use si-list have been made aware, there is an
"anti-spam" mechanism in place that only allows traffic to the
list to be posted from an address that is subscribed to the list.

This works pretty well for the purpose of trapping commercial spam
messages (we catch 3 or 4 a month), but introduces the side effect
of making it necessary to subscribe from, say, both home and work if
you want to be able to post from either location. This causes you to
receive double messages.

I have finally come up with a solution that will allow only a single
message to go out to a user, yet allow for posting from multiple
systems and still provide the spam-trap function.

There are probably only a small number of subscribers who will
find the capability useful, however if you would like to be
able to post from alternate locations please send me private
(not on the list) e-mail and I can add the alternate location(s)
to the alternate location database. I will need to know at which
address you would like to receive the list traffic and also what other
addresses you would like to also be able to post from.

-Ray Anderson

si-list administrator