RE: [SI-LIST] : different 4-layer board Stack up (S-P-G-S) ?

From: Greim, Michael ([email protected])
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 07:09:18 PST

FYI,

        A six mil, 1.5 oz micro-strip trace separated from
        the adjacent plane by 4 mils will yield a characteristic
        impedance of roughly 53 ohms. So it is possible
        to get low impedances on surface microstrips. FYI.
        However, if you are targetting an 0.062 board thickness
        your plane separation will be large, lowering your
        inter-plane capacitance.

Best Regards,

Michael