AW: [SI-LIST] : different 4-layer board Stack up (S-P-G-S) ?

From: Netzler Dirk ([email protected])
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 07:05:14 PST

Hi guys,

what about radiation when fast signals (or at least signals with fast ramps)
are routed
on outer layers ? EMI could be a problem.
Therefore I prefer the following layer stackup:

1- GND
2- signal
3- GND
4- PWR
5- signal
6- GND

with PWR (4) and GND (3) close together (<=100um).
Okay, I admit, 6 layers are more expensive than 4 layers.

Best Regards,

Dirk Netzler
Siemens Munich