From: Andrew Phillips (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 05:30:09 PST
Trying to collect some info about the current state of PCB fabrication
technology - can anyone point to some articles or other info describing
the following kind of stuff:
- what actual steps are involved in producing a multi-layer PCB these
- what is the current state of PCB fabrication technology (leading edge
- what component tolerances, trace tolerances, via sizes etc are
usually possible these days? practical?
- approximate cost penalties for adding extra layers?
- buried or blind vias? are they worth using or often too expensive? is
it usually better to just add extra layers to help with routing?
- special dielectric materials to improve capacitance between power/gnd
planes? is this worthwhile or too expensive/tricky to give much
- any other significant new stuff to be aware of?
Thanks for any help - just trying to update myself on what's out there.
Supercomputing Systems AG
**** To unsubscribe from si-list or si-list-digest: send e-mail to email@example.com. In the BODY of message put: UNSUBSCRIBE si-list or UNSUBSCRIBE si-list-digest, for more help, put HELP.
si-list archives are accessible at http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Thu Apr 20 2000 - 11:35:17 PDT