Re: [SI-LIST] : Re: Opportunities

From: Ray Anderson ([email protected])
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 03:55:58 PST

I agree with Bob. Ron's posting was in line with the accepted guidelines
for the si-list reflector, but the FC and GE systems have a more restrictive
policy.

Besides being a good place to ask technical questions and carry on technical
discussions, we've found si-list to be a useful vehicle for getting
the word out on job openings. This helps both the employer and candidate.
Just try to keep the job related postings to a minor amount of the posting
volume. si-list is primarily for tech traffic.

Just to reiterate, for those who may not be familiar with the si-list
policy regarding job postings, it is real simple:

1. Ocassional postings by working engineers and hiring managers
        looking to augment their staffs are OK.

2. Keep the posting relatively short and to the point. Take follow-up
        discussions offline to the phone or private e-mail.

3. HeadHunters and HR departments are discouraged from using si-list
        as a recruiting medium. Don't do it!

4. If you are a HeadHunter or an HR type don't bother asking for
        a copy of the si-list database, you'll have better luck asking
        Bill Clinton for the combination to the Fort Knox vaults :)

-Ray
si-list administrator