RE: [SI-LIST] : ESR and bypass caps

From: [email protected]
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 13:57:42 PST

Larry,

Regarding capacitors and just sprinkling a bunch down on the board -- have
you see any product failures caused by this approach? If so, is it then
readily obvious by looking at the power planes with a high speed scope that
power distribution is the power?

I ask because with some managements you might find yourself playing the
"well, hey, all of our PCBs have worked so far, so why should we invest
money in all this SI black magic?" game.

---Joel Kolstad