RE: [SI-LIST] : Anyone on SI-list receiving UCE type spam?

From: Mayer, Mike ([email protected])
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 06:14:31 PST

The list archives are online, so anyone can get email addresses from
headers, signatures, etc. I get very little spam here at work, even though I
have posted to Usenet in the past and am on several mailing lists. I know
for a fact that my email address from 10 years ago still gets mail. Its on a
list somewhere I'm sure. There are alot of things that mail hosts can do to
filter and reject mail from invalid domains, etc. If you're really serious,
check out the MAPS DNS based systems: http://www.mail-abuse.org/

=
Mike Mayer Artesyn Communication Products, Inc
Senior Hardware Design Engineer Madison, WI
[email protected] http://www.artesyn.com/cp
=