RE: [SI-LIST] : DSO Selection

From: [email protected]
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 19:56:15 PST

Hi Manix,

If your signal is fairly repetitive and you are not keen on capturing the
transition info such as ringing, then a low analog bandwidth scope may be
okay. To view the transition edges more closely, it is the real-time
sampling rate that is important rather than the analog bandwidth. You may be
aware that very high analog bandwidths can be achieved, even with low
real-time sampling rates, by repetitive sampling techniques such as Random
repetitive sampling or Sequential sampling.

Agilent's this website gives fairly good information on the Oscilloscope
selection techniques.
http://www.tm.agilent.com/tmo/techinfo/English/10StepIndex.html

Regards,
Sam KVK