[SI-LIST] : DSO Selection

From: [email protected]
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 23:50:58 PST

From: Manickavelu@SHUTTLE TECHNOLOGY on 02/07/2000 01:20 PM

To: [email protected]
cc:
Subject: DSO Selection

Dear All,

We are in the process of selecting a Digital Storage Oscilloscope. The
signal rate we are interested in is from DC to 500MHz.

The theory is to choose a DSO that has a bandwidth of 5 times the rate of
signal and a sampling rate of 2.5 times the rate of signal.

But in practical, we are able to measure a 100-MHz signal with a 200-MHz
bandwaidth DSO.

So, can we choose a twice BW, and Sampling rate DSO to measure a 500-MHz
signal?

Your suggestions and comments would be greatly helpful.

Thanks,
Manix Velu.

Encl: Nil.

                                   -oOo-