Re: [SI-LIST] : Coplanar Transmission Line

From: Mark Randol ([email protected])
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 16:39:08 PST

Ray Anderson wrote:

> Coplanar waveguides are handled by:
>
> HP's (Agilent) MDS and ADS in the LineCalc submodule
>
> Polar's CITS25 program
> (see http://www.polar.co.uk/)
>
> Apsimtech's RLGC
> (http://www.apsimtech.com/)
>
> Webb Laboratories' Transmission Line Design Suite
> (http://www.webblabs.com/)
>
> Ansoft EZ2D
> (http://www.ansoft.com)
>

> I'm sure there are others, but these come to mind at the moment.

The best "free" transmission line calculator I've found is from
Applied Wave Research (http://www.appwave.com/). It has given
reasonable results. While it doesn't cover quite the range of
geometries of some of the more sophisticated <not free> software,
it handles CPW, CPWG. slotline, stripline and microstrip.

--
Mark Randol, RF Measurements Engineer
Motorola SPS, Inc.