RE: [SI-LIST] : LVDS signal observation

From: [email protected]
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 13:39:33 PST

FET probes can be had with very low input C and reasonably high input R,
and very nice BW. I prefer passive probes however. They are 5X cheaper,
they can be had with 1kOhm input R and they usually fit in smaller places
than the good active probes. Another benefit is that nobody else wants them
so the lab thieves leave them right where I put them down :-)

If you are going to do any debugging buy a scope with a high single trigger
sample rate, and watch out for specs based upon interleaving digitizers.
The CSA series scopes will do very nicely if your signal is repetitive, but
if your 'oddity' only occurs once a second you will never see it with
anything but a trigger crafted for the oddity and a high sample rate single
shot scope. The high end Infinium and the Tek TDS684 and TDS694 are the
instruments I am familiar with.

Joe

CEC Analysis and I/O Design
Phone: 507.253.0762 Fax: 507.253.4966