RE: [SI-LIST] : Power Plane for Internal Device Power?

From: Peterson, James F (FL51) ([email protected])
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 04:19:58 PST

If this is true, then we don't have to use up a layer for a core's internal
voltage supply?

Tony wrote "If I have a device whose I/O are 3.3V and internal logic is
powered from 1.8V do I need a power plane to supply that 1.8V or will a
power strip to that device suffice?"

I will have to deal with this issue in the coming months - I am very
interested in more feedback from chip and board people out there in the
"know".

thanks a lot.
Jim