[SI-LIST] : Power Plane for Internal Device Power?

From: phelan, tony ([email protected])
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 11:35:46 PST

If I have a device whose I/O are 3.3V and internal logic is powered from
1.8V do I need a power plane to supply that 1.8V or will a power strip to
that device suffice? Another way of asking this I guess would be: Are all
return path currents for the internal 1.8V signals handled internally to the
device. If so then there would be no advantage to making the 1.8V supply a
plane?
Any comments on this would be appreciated.

Tony Phelan
EMC Corporation