RE: [SI-LIST] : Distance between Power and Ground planes

From: Clewell, Craig W ([email protected])
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 10:00:52 PST

If you need to preserve the height, and cost is not an issue you might want
to stick a ground layer between your signal layers instead of moving the
pwr/gnd ratio. The farther apart you make them the longer the return path
becomes. This will cause some undesired coupling onto the signal line at
higher freq.