Re: [SI-LIST] : Simulations

From: Douglas C. Smith ([email protected])
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 23:05:45 PST

Abe Riazi wrote:

> Doug Smith Wrote:
>
> >I am interested in ways that people use to verify simulation results,
> >that is to check that the results reflect reality.
>
> Dear Doug, Others:
>
> Useful insight can be gained regarding the procedures for
> verification of simulation results by considering four common types of
> SI simulations (namely impedance, crosstalk, flight time and waveforms )
> and how evaluated.

Abe,

Your write-up is very complete and informative, thanks. I have a
philosophy not to take at face value either simulation or measurement
results unless verified in some manner. Sounds like you share my
views.

Doug

    ___          _           Doug Smith
     \          / )          P.O. Box 1457
      =========              Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457
   _ / \     / \ _           TEL/FAX: 408-356-4186/358-3799
 /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \         Mobile:  408-858-4528
 \ _ /    ]    \ _ /         Website: http://www.dsmith.org