[SI-LIST] : Simulations

From: Doug Smith ([email protected])
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 09:30:05 PST

Hi All,

I am interested in ways that people use to verify simulation results,
that is to check that the results reflect reality. In the past, I have
built up similar, but simple enough to calculate or build, structures
and made sure the simulator agreed with what I measured/calculated by
hand. Sometimes, I have also looked at the convergence history of some
of the requested output. Occassionally, a simulator would produce an
answer that was not properly converged. Seems like is a good idea to
know beforehand the general nature of the answer so you know when the
simulator is not working as expected.

What other techniques have been used? Any war stories out there?

Doug

    ___          _          Doug Smith
     \          / )         Manager EMC Development & Test
      =========             Auspex Systems
   _ / \     / \ _          2300 Central Expressway
 /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \        Santa Clara, CA 95050-2516
|  q-----( )  |  o  |       Phone/FAX: 408-566-2157/2020
 \ _ /    ]    \ _ /        Email: [email protected]