Re: [SI-LIST] : low ESR decoupling capacitors

From: D. C. Sessions ([email protected])
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 11:42:28 PST

Adrian Shiner wrote:

> The comments about large currents not causing EMI problems lend some support
> to my thoughts that voltage based logic is not the necessarily the best way
> of designing computers.

Not much in the way of alternatives for now. There are only two ways to
get static power consumption near zero: zero voltage drop or zero current.
One occurs with near-infinite conductance and the other with near-infinite
impedance. The latter is a LOT easier to achieve than the former.

Another way to look at it is that in an SI sense we're dealing with a
fairly narrow range of impedances, so there's pretty much a 1:1
correspondence between voltage and current.

--
D. C. Sessions