Re: [SI-LIST] : Chassis hole opening and frequencies

From: Adrian Shiner ([email protected])
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 11:33:44 PST

In answer to your question at the end of your email..maybe to probably.

Consider these points and then let us expand the discussion .. it is just
costing me nothing ..this is my professional and personal interest being
applied in my leisure time.

1. There is ample evidence that radio antennae (aerials) designed on
principles derrived from Chaos Theory are both smaller and have wider
bandwidth for a given standing wave ratio than classical approaches. Getting
the screening right is just a matter of designing a poor antenna!!!!!!!!

2. Chaos Theory is by no means limited to time dependant phenomena. All you
need is a non linear system where the next state of the the system is
nonlinearly linked to the previous state.

3. Radio astronomers are using the power of wave interference to discover
new knowledge about the nature of the universe. Most physical phenomena in
physics tend to provide insights on the very large and very small physical
scales at the same time (not thinking classical physics). I have not seen
anyone yet thinking about interference effects applied to screening
(although I do not have enough time in my life to read everything). Steering
microwave beams for radar uses interference but in a different way to energy
passing through 2 adjacent slots.

4. Background reading on, around and thought on the subject of interest
always pays dividends. It has been shown very recently that the classical
Gaussian statistical distribution of real physical phenomena is incorrect in
a big way. The distribution is skewed towards to origin. An example is the
demagnetisation of magnets at high temperatures ( You could consider this as
an example of Chaos Theory. Does the skew relate to a bifurcation
characteristic?). The same curve applies in biological processes. This was
in a report in the (UK) Financial Times. Check their web site for the exact
article.

5. There is a world of difference between the thought needed to sustain the
status quo in support of a business & that needed to maximise the
development of the art. Unfortunately, the Universities and Military (these
people have their own career agendas) establishments cannot and will not be
the founts of all progress. Independant thinking helps all!!!!

Best wishes

Adrian