RE: [SI-LIST] : Input switching threshold & CPCI

From: Ingraham, Andrew ([email protected])
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 06:18:28 PST

>Some behavioral models contain the 0.8, 2.0 V
>thresholds when inapplicable. A good example is the case of an IBIS
>model designed for 3.3 V PCI simulation. I have attached below the
>section of such example which includes the threshold voltages:

I have seen plenty of dumb errors exactly like this in behavioral models.
Never trust 'em.

However, are you certain this model is for a part with 3.3V signaling
levels? It's possible that this part is designed for "5V" switching levels
but is powered by 3.3V (has 5V-compatible 3.3V outputs and 5V-tolerant
inputs). The "VCC5REF" node is suspicious ... what would this be for in a
3.3V PCI signaling environment?

Regards,
Andy