Re: [SI-LIST] : What speed scope should I consider?

From: Adrian Shiner ([email protected])
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 13:20:08 PST

If there are 2 active (cmos) devices in a push pull (totem pole) output
stage then at some point both devices will be half way between on (low
impedance) and off (very high impedance). The impedance must vary during the
transition. Are you going to terminate both ends of the line which this
device is driving so that the impedance variation is minimised? Does it
matter? Perhaps we should return to current driven logic & stop worrying
about the voltages???

Adrian