RE: [SI-LIST] : Assistance with Quad model..

From: Marc Humphreys ([email protected])
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 06:28:27 PST

Charles,

The other feedback you've got so far should provide a useable solution,
however,
I'd suggest taking advantage of some of the new constructs that were
added to
XTK recently. This way you'll not have to go re-write it in the future
to take
advantage of the new runtime control functions.

You can model it using the new SERIESPIN statement. Beside doing exactly
what you
are trying to do (as per the example) it also supercedes the use of the
TO PIN statement
 in model files. The main reason for using SERIESPIN is that it allows
you to take
advantage of the new runtime controll features added to XTK which allow
you to controll
the state of your gate at runtime. Check out chapter 7-63 in the March
1999 User manual.

You can actually model the analog behavior of the gate to accurately
simulate the
use of such gate in a logic level translation application by
controlloing the gate voltage.
This is modelled using a loadspec
model that includes, VI curve data and the addtional VOLTAGE_CONTROLLED
statement.
Take a look at section 7.6.2 in the March 1999 manual. If you can get an
IBIS model from the
vendor the ibis2xtk translator can create the model for you.

Marc

Marc Humphreys
Lucent Technologies
Core Routing - InterNetworking Systems