[SI-LIST] : HSPICE transmission line modelling

From: Qu Pingyu ([email protected])
Date: Sun Nov 14 1999 - 21:53:37 PST

Hello, everyone:

I'm learning to use HSPICE for transmission line modelling. As a start, I
tried to run a S parameter simulation of a simple U element TL with
precomputed RLCG value for testing. However, the simulation results are
wrong. I guess I make some mistakes in the input file. Can anyone gave me
some suggestions ?

Also, when I use ELEV = 2 which specify the "precomputed RLCG" case, I was
prompted by the software that I have to define PLEV value, i.e, the geometry
type of the transmission line. Why is that ? I thought with precomputed
RLCG, SPICE will not bother the geometry the transmission line, isn't it?

Here is my input file:

.option list post
.net i(vout) vin rout=50 rin=50
.ac lin 100 100meg 10g
.print s11(db) s21(db)
*.graph s11(mag) s21(mag)
*.graph s21(phase) s11(phase)

vout out 0 0v
vin in 0 ac=1 dc=0v

u1 in gnd out gnd fr4 l=1400mil

.model plateline U LEVEL=3 PLEV=1 ELEV=2 NL=1 LLEV=0
+ cr1=300P L11=351.86N r11=20

.end

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best Regards